Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I live in Syracuse, NY. I own my home and vehicle. I owned a

Customer Question

I live in Syracuse, NY. I own my home and vehicle. I owned a 1994 GMC truck bought in or around 2001. I had a loan with HSBC and paid the loan off within 5 years of purchase. when I went to sell just recently my title still showed Lein on it? I do not have any of the information left 16 years later. I have never been garnished for default. I dont even know where to start to solve this problem
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Have you contacted HSBC about the existing lien?

2. How do you know that the lien was in fact fully paid? Or are you presuming that based on the fact that you were not sued for non-payment?

3. Do you have any way to determine any information about the previous loan---such as the loan number?

4. Is the HSBC listed as the lienholder on the title, or is someone else?

Thanks in advance,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
never mind this was not helpful at all. I will just call HSBC and try to see if they have any information on the situationthank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the title is in my name and I do not have the loan number anymore. and yes i would think that if I defaulted on my loan it be on my credit score. it is not. and they have never garnished me for the loan
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Do you want help or not? I'm unclear?