Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am concerned about a guy who my mother in law married--he

Customer Question

I am concerned about a guy who my mother in law married--he seems to be paying a lot of attention to my 2 year old granddaughter (playing, holding, disappearing when playing) and he has more of a feminine personality. I want to know if he is on the sexual predator list in Chippawa, Minnesota. I tried going to Minnesota but can't figure out the next road to take. Isn't that information accessible to the public.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can check with the MN Department of Corrections, since that is where the sex offenders are registered. See:
That is the only official site for MN to search for level 3 sex offenders on the registry list.
You could also go to the MN courts in person and check the court records for any criminal case in his name, because that part is indeed public record if he was charged with an offense and from there you can look in the court record, as that is a public record.