legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

I have a question regarding collection past due invoices. I

Customer Question

I have a question regarding collection past due invoices.
I have some open invoices from one of my clients whom didn't pay for 4 month!
at the bottom of says:
"Customer shall pay the charge for this invoice by the 10th of the next month. all past due invoices will be included all court cost, attorney's fee and expenses of enforcement incurred by BB Jewelry Design's, Inc." they signed and dated the invoices when picked up their models and samples.
my question is , with this note can I go after him make him pay the balance and the legal fees?
looking forward to hear from you
many thanks
Expert:  legalgems replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your patience; A provision that includes costs allows the lender to pursue the balance due, plus legal fees and other association expenses (that is typically only allowed if the invoice specifically states that).

For suits under $10,000 small claims is appropriate:

The courts prefer it if there is first a demand letter requesting payment, and then filing suit.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars *****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care

Hi- just checking in to see if you needed clarification on any of the above information. If so please post here (there is no additional charge for this) and I will do my best to get you the requested information.

Thank you!