Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I want to know if there is really a lawyer named okpoti

Customer Question

I want to know if there is really a lawyer named okpoti ankrah works out of law chambers law firm. Bonah and associates in accra Ghana email laws.o***@******.***?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Diplomats.com is a free email service - anyone can get an email address there. A real diplomat would have an official email address issued by the country for whom they're working. That already makes me very suspicious that this is not a legitimate person. Google has no record of ANY person existing by the name of okpoti ankrah. That's also highly suspicious in this day and age. People spend their whole lives online. He should have some kind of web presence, unless this is an identity created by scam artists recently.

The name "Chambers" also pops up frequently in scams, because it sounds trustworthy. (It makes people think of a judge's chambers.) Is this firm also purporting to be located in Ghana? Do you have a website for the firm? What else can you tell me about these people?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks also what if they know some personal info?

That depends. What do they know?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They know my full name, my mother's maiden name,occupation and my date of birth!!! Maybe my address I don't know!!!

You're probably safe. The biggest risk of them having your address is that they'll mail you offers that sound too good to be true (because they're scams). Just read everything with suspicion.

You might want to put an alert on your credit, just in case they try to impersonate you.

https://www.transunion.com/credit-freeze/place-credit-freeze

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Should I report this?? Cos they have some of my money!!

Yes, absolutely. File a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They want to send me my money back should I give any bank details?? How should I go about this??

I've never heard of scam artists returning people's money. If you give them your bank account information, they'll have all they need to know to take all the money in it. If they're really going to send you money, they can send it via Western Union.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Should they send it right to my name then???

Yes. So only you could pick it up. But they're up to something. Scam artists do not send people money. If they're promising to send you money, they have a reason. Be extremely wary in your interactions with them.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Did you have any other questions about this?