Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I paid Mays law firm for my daughters divorce. Mays filed

Customer Question

I paid Mays law firm for my daughters divorce. Stephen Mays filed for it, then the law firm closed and Attorney John Hubbard took the payment and all the paperwork. Now I have been chasing him for 2 years leaving voice mail on his phone at his office in the Virera court house and he wont return a call to answer why he's not doing anything for her. What do I do show up in the court house and tell the Judge he works for?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I am preparing my response to you and I will post it very shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience.

You need to file ethics complaint against the Attorney with Florida Attorney Discipline. This is an egregious violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct that can result in the Attorney being suspended or even disbarred.

You also need to contact the Trial Court's Administrator and file complaint against the Attorney for neglecting the case.

Finally, you should go to the Courthouse where the divorce was supposed to be filed and request to see the docket to actually see if anything has been filed.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.