Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

If certified funds were sent to the party for full payment

Customer Question

If certified funds were sent to the party for full payment and the party will not accept it is there a place where we come up with a rule that the bill is is automatically forgiven
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Good evening:

I will be assisting you with your post.

Could you explain a little more?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
On June 25 2006 there was a car accident the Mother was driving the vehicle the father was killed in a roll over accident.
There was 4 children in the car they were ok. There is 2 sister and No 1 we will say is Jeannie, was ask to go through the paper work. she took it and brought is back and put it on the outside porch No 2 Calleen was then given the job there was nothing in the estate excepting cars worth $450 There was a $100,000 Life ins policy on the car . Calleen was very in experienced and also when there is a lot of pressure she is inclined to drink ,Jeannie knows this and will not let thins go knows and will not let things be Calleen hired an attorney and the Att Guthrie : the check was in an account .On JUl 3, 2007, prior to filing of a wrongful death suit in either Montana Where the accident occurred and wyo where the court was held. Guthrie put in the paper work The court has no opinion as to the appropriateness of the insurance settlement.

Thank you for the information. However, I am having trouble understanding your follow-up post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and the issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
On August 25, 2008 Calleen sent Jeannie her $33,000 four times and waited for her to take is Calleen was trying to get things done. On the last time she put a note to her and said take it or leave it. It was returned to Calleen. So calleen divided it between her and # 3 Wayne. This has been a dispute between Jeannie and the rest of the family , Jeannie is a court reporter and knows most of the attorneys in town
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All I want to know is does a $33,000 certified funds can cancel the debt or not

Thank you for the information. I am still having trouble understanding your post. So, I will opt out and open this up to other Experts.

Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I want to make sure I understand your question. Are you asking if someone owes you a debt and they send you money for the debt and you refuse the money, does that mean you no longer owe the debt? Is that what you mean?