LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

Debt resolution company has offered to negotiate with my 6

Customer Question

Debt resolution company has offered to negotiate with my 6 creditors to relieve $42,000 in debt if I agree to send them 651. for the nest 42 months. They have a local law firm meeting with nme to set up the program. Concern I'm gettting scammed?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kentucky
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: meeting Friday to sign agreement but concerned of high risk
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: National Advocacy Program from Washington was the 1st contact
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The amount of money that you are being asked to pay sound typical for the amount of debt that they will be negotiating with the creditors for and because this is a law firm, with state licensed attorneys, it sounds on the up and up to me. I see nothing to make me believe that you are being scammed. 60% to 70% is the typical amo8unt that these debt resolution law firms can eventually negotiate with your creditors.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,