Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

My sun was born in a military hospital in Germany in 1962

Customer Question

My sun was born in a military hospital in Germany in 1962 ,now I N S is telling him he is not a us sitizen altho he has lived in this country since birth and has served in the military so what constitutes sitizenship
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your son was born to US Citizens in a military hospital even overseas, he is indeed a US Citizen. This is actually infuriating to me in light of all of the issues lately allowing non-citizens all sorts of rights. However, you simply need to provide proof of birth and proof of your citizenship upon birth to INS and they cannot deny him citizenship and if they do he can file an appeal to the US District Court to get them to force INS to straighten this out.