Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I want to marry in Texas after my divorce in Oklahoma,how do

Customer Question

I want to marry in Texas after my divorce in Oklahoma,how long do I need to wait?
JA: Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two. I'd be happy to chat with you while you wait. The stories I've heard working here...
Customer: how much longer do I need to wait?
JA: I don't know. I'm trying to find the right Lawyer for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: can you email my answer to me, I am at work
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: divorce in Oklahoma,how long do I need to wait to get remarried in Oklahoma how long do I need to wait fter divorce in Oklahoma to get married in Texas
JA: Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two. I'd be happy to chat with you while you wait. The stories I've heard working here...
Customer: can you email my answer to:[email protected],com please?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no but I would like a referral to a lawyer you think is best I am in Cleveland county would like an attorney female if possible outside of norman
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Texas requires 30 days after a divorce before remarrying. While the law is supposed to apply to Texas, it in practice applies even if you were divorced elsewhere. Thus, it is best to wait 31 days in Texas prior to remarrying after a divorce (regardless where the divorce took place). I say 31, as the wait is 30 days, so the next day (31st) is "clear."

If you absolutely simply cannot wait that long, a Judge can waive the waiting period if you motion the Court to do so.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  michaelo-cssm replied 5 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/law/9ue8r-want-marry-texas-divorce-oklahoma-how.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.