Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Need to know what to do about my stolen vehicle has been

Customer Question

need to know what to do about my stolen vehicle has been recovered. we already have claim settled with insurance,but are about to receive a settlement for stolen car.we mailed the keys and title to insurance co. for stolen car. but did not receive our money.my car was recovered by police last night.what to do ? I ALREADY PURCHASED ANOTHER CAR. does insurance co. now legally own stolen car? since they verbally made me offer for claim for settlement but not yet received my money who owns stolen vehicle? john McCoy(###) ###-####beaver falls,pa.15010 help ty
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

If the title has been transferred to the insurance company then the car now belongs to them. You should contact the adjuster and ask them to police and make arrangements to take possession of the vehicle.

If the title has not yet transferred then the insurance company certainly has the option of returning the title to you and cancelling the payout of the claim since the vehicle was recovered.

If the vehicle is damaged then you will have a claim for the repairs to pursue.

Either way, you will need to disclose this development to the insurance company to avoid committing insurance fraud.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

I attempted to accept your phone call request and received the following message:
"Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."

If you can resolve the problem I look forward to speaking with you.

Otherwise, I am happy to continue online with you.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Are you still online with me?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I already paid by credit card u going to call me?
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

I will call. but you need to accept a premium service offer I will make.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

I had attempted to accept your phone call request and received the following message:

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Did you wish to continue?