Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

How do I file a discrimination and harassment suit against

Customer Question

How do I file a discrimination and harassment suit against PARX Casino....It seems that I always get thrown out for days when other poker players curse me among other things and management does nothing but blame me for actions that are provoked by other players...I am the only one that continuously gets thrown out no matter what..other players are allowed to remain in casino..Please let me know if there is anything I can do...To tell you the truth all of management has it in for me. Do not know why but tired of the harassment....Thank U for your help
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Federal law prohibits privately owned facilities that offer food or entertainment to the public from discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion, or national origin. If you think that you have been discriminated against based on one of these grounds, then you may file a complaint with the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice.

You may also file suit in the U.S. district court but you will need to hire a civil rights lawyer to do that as the Casino will have a high powered attorney to defend the case and will try to bounce your claim on a procedural or evidentiary technicality. See this link.