Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I placer gold mined on a deposit. When it was private

Customer Question

I placer gold mined on a deposit. When it was private property. Now the National park service owns it and I can't own it to mine! It's an anomaly worth one billion dollars and it will not hurt nothing to sift the gold out all natural. Richest ground in the world.
Anyway why by common sense and law can't we the people use the land (pursuit of happiness) Ect that we have according to the constitution have more rights to own it than they do? Please don't quote me laws that say they can when there are laws to the contrary. Also just 4 miles away someone is mining it. Isn't this a conflict of interest? I could go on and on and prove my point! Might should not make right here. I would like to talk on the phone 619/415/9815. Please let me know if there is anything I can do besides go to a broken court system and spend millions and time that I don't have.
***@******.***
Gary Willis
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If it is on federal government land, they can prevent you from mining on the land. The constitution does not guarantee you or anyone else to go on any land they want to mine. The federal government can restrict not only access to the land, but also can restrict activity on federal land, so if they are preventing you from mining it and will not give you a mining lease, there is legally no recourse against them I am afraid.