Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Cross a bridge and the wind bew a large truuck into my lane

Customer Question

cross a bridge and the wind bew a large truuck into my lane and to avoid i swervd slightly and skimmed the median and gouged the truck slightly, nop injurys no property damage ,no police report my freind had inadvertantly waived ins.???i just found out my d.l. was suspended for nonpayment of tickets,i want to take full responsebillity in the issue i am a 53 year old on s.s.d.i. am prone to panic attacks, and have a a very short, 3 hours before i have to retun the van,i dont want my freind to be held responsable for my actions, he does not even know about it yet , any thoughts or advice on how i might proceed would be very kindly appreciatted
respect g3
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Wow, you have gotten yourself into a situation, which I am sure you have figured. If it is a rental, you have to return it to the rental company who will do an appraisal and let the friend who rented it know the cost of the repairs and you will then have to make arrangements to pay it. That is the only way you can deal with the matter and pay as you stated above.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i dont understand what you are refuring to when you say (as stated above,
,)youren answer or advice makes no sense to me and i dont thnk you understood my aquestion which washow do i tassume responsabillity in my situation without involving said freind and will i be charged with a crime such as fraud
I am sorry, but all of your words are running together (it may be because you are on a phone or tablet) so I apologize if it was confusing.
They will not charge you with fraud. But your friend is already involved if he rented the van and your friend will have to pay for the damage, because the rental is in his name and you would have to pay your friend back. The rental company is not just going to take payment direct from you because you do not have the rental agreement with them.
If this would be easier to discuss on the phone to avoid you being confused I will send you a phone service offer.