John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.

One of my employees threatened another employee with bodily

Customer Question

one of my employees threatened another employee with bodily harm. Is the threat in itself illegal?
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

A serious threat - meaning that the an ordinary and reasonable person would believe that the the threatening employee actually intended the bodily harm - is an assault in the criminal sense. In other words if the person had the actual belief that bodily harm was about to come upon them, then it is illegal. Now, whether the prosecutor would act upon the threat and prosecute the threatening employee is a different story and may involve several factors including the threatener's history.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.