Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SO CALLED SOCIAL WORKER, WHO DOES

Customer Question

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY SO CALLED SOCIAL WORKER, WHO DOES NOT WANT ME ANYMORE. SHE SUPPOSEDLY IS MORE OF A R.N. SHE MAILED ME A LETTER MONDAY, THAT MY SERVICES WILL BE DISCONTINUED ALONG WITH MY DIABETIC (MEALS ON WHEELS IN WHICH I HAD FOR APPOX. 7 YEARS).
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAD DONE WRONG. I HAD OTHER SOCIAL WORKERS ALSO THROUGHOUT THE YEAR FROM CORNERSTONE IN MARSHFIELD, WISCONSIN, AND THERE WAS NOT ANY TROUBLE EVER.
I TRIED CALLING THEIR OFFICE YESTERDAY, AND THEY DID NOT ANSWER THEIR TELEPHONE. IT WAS JUST A MACHINE STATING: YOU HAVE TO CALL BETWEEN THEIR BUISNESS HOURS (AND IT WAS ABOUT 1:00 p.m), OR CALL THE CRISIS LINE.
I THOUGHT I POSSIBLY MISDIALED, HOWEVER I TRIED IT AGAIN, AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED. (THEY MUST HAVE CALLER I.D. POSSIBLY)
PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you contacted the WI Adult Protection Services: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/aps/pros.htm
That is your next step. They will also refer you to social services and they will get you to another program who can assist you since Cornerstone seems to no longer want to assist. Adult protection will step in and find out what the issue is as well as get you set up on the programs you need for your conditions.