Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

I need a hardship withdrawal letter to take money out of my

Customer Question

I need a hardship withdrawal letter to take money out of my 401k
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: that's it
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

Here is a good sample for you, please feel free to modify..

Employee’s Name
Employee’s Address
City, State, Zip Code

Designated Person’s Name
Designated Person’s Position
Company’s Name
Company’s Address
City, State, Zip Code

RE: Request for a withdrawal from 401k account number NUMBER

Dear Designated Person’s Name:

This letter is a formal request to withdraw ten thousand dollars ($10,000) from my 401k account because of unexpected medical expenses for my wife. The account currently contains thirty-five thousand dollars ($35,000). I have completed and enclosed the required forms for this request. My wife required emergency surgery for a tumor in her stomach, which turned out to be benign. My health insurance covered the cost of the surgery, but she cannot return to work for three months, during which time our income will be reduced.

If you grant my request, we will have no trouble continuing our mortgage payments and not fall behind, which could result in foreclosure. I have tried to get a loan to cover the expenses, but the interest payments were too much of a burden for our income even when my wife is able to work.

I have included copies of my wife’s medical reports. If you have any questions, you can reach me at Email Address or at Phone Number. Thank you for taking the time to consider my request.

Signature of Employee
Printed Name of Employee
List of Enclosures: Proper Forms, Medical Report

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Good luck here, thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Some of the main reasons that qualify are:
• Medical expenses for the employee or a dependent
• Down payment for a primary residence
• Mortgage payment to prevent foreclosure of eviction
• Educational expenses
• Essential house repairs
• Funeral expenses

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just need a simple letter from an attorney to submit to my plan that I need a hardship withdrawal to prevent bankruptcy. It needs to be on letter head and state that I need the maximum allowable withdrawal to prevent bankruptcy filing by August 31, 2016. If you could please provide that language on your letter head, I'm willing to pay for your service. I am already behind on credit card and car payments due to a huge pay cut but in the next few months I am getting a large promotion. I need this withdrawal to catch up and prevent foreclosure and car repossession.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

I am going to opt here and leave this for others.We are not allowed here to take clients off site.Please stand by and others may pick this up.

Please do not rate.