Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am the legal guardian of my mentally retarded brother the

Customer Question

I am the legal guardian of my mentally retarded brother the fact he lives with me makes me unable to get caregiver assistance although I am caregiver 24/7 are there any other programs of types of conservator etc available so he can continue living with me as it is a financial burden as he only receive 's Social Security Thanks *****
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can seek to qualify through medicaid through in home family caregiver programs such as
You can also seek to apply for assistance from the Office of Elder Affairs (they also take care of disabled adults as well) to see if you can qualify:
Those are really the only available programs in MA other than maybe getting assistance from some of the local religious groups that may benefit you.