Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I contacted an office that helps students seek an admission

Customer Question

I contacted an office that helps students seek an admission and paid for the services, however the person in charge missed the deadline (but luckily the school accepted the application) and provided me with a thesis proposal that was full of mistakes and when the school rejected it she wrote another one that does not fall within the categories I repeatedly specified ,as a condition to acquire her services, and therefore couldn't use it to apply for the school, and so i informed her that this proposal wouldn’t work but she refused to change it.
I paid $400 but did not received the services we agreed on. Can I get my money back?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a written agreement?

When and by what form did you make payment for services?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we do. I attached the contract.
I paid her by transferring the money for my account to hers on March 16.

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot view any actual documents for JustAnswer.com customers, as such service can only be provided by your local attorney.

Generally, the only option under similar circumstances is to file a formal complaint against the business with the Better Business Bureau at www.BBB.com and also small claims case can be filed in the small claims court where this business is located.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for answering.
One last question if possible please, would whats written in the agreement make a difference?

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot read your agreement, however, the terms of the agreement would be essential when it comes to pursuing claim for breach of contract and for a refund.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.