Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

My brother and I have lived together for 20 years. He

Customer Question

My brother and I have lived together for 20 years. He recently died and an administrator was obtained illegally without our knowledge by an acquaintance of his. She has put her name on all of his property and had a lock smith come into our home and remove everything from the safe. He has grown children but we have been unable to locate a will. What are my legal rights?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this problem. Under Texas law, if your brother had no will, then his children are his heirs and they are the ones who definitely need a probate lawyer now. The friend nay have lied to the probate court to gain her appointment and that can be challenged by his children, but not you, since you are not an heir by statute. Please enter a positive rating for my assistance, and thanks for using JUST ANSWER.