Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I was arrested for driving with suspended license and no

Customer Question

I was arrested for driving with suspended license and no Insurance even though I'm no longer a resident of that state and have valid driver's license for the state in which I'm a resident and have valid insurance for the vehicle that I was driving and is verified..The officer took my license and now it can't be located..where do I begin to reslve this matter and be reinbursed for 1,400 cash paid to get out of jail..The license suspended is Georgia the valid license is in Texas in which I'm a resident
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I hate to have to tell you this, but under the Interstate Drivers Compact and the National Driver Registry, if you are suspended in one state, you are suspended in all the states that are members of the Compact and Registry.

.

So under the Full Faith and Credit clause of the US Constitution, if a legal order is issued in one state, like a license suspension, then it will be enforced in any other state.

.

So you are going to have to get your license reinstated in GA before it would then remove any suspension in those databases that the police use.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience,even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks