Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

In 2008 I lost civil case againest my previous employer I

Customer Question

In 2008 I lost civil case againest my previous employer
I filed bankruptcy in 2013 and included that case. In 2016 my previous employer send me renewal of the judgment adding the interest.
Can I claim that this case is void because I filed bankruptcy?
If I filed motion to object the renewal, and we go to stand in front of a judge and we had deposit. If I lose, can he demand me to pay for his legal fees and deposit cost or it will be added to the original case?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you included the case in bankruptcy and it was discharged, you actually can file a contempt of bankruptcy court order motion in bankruptcy court and seek damages against your former employer for him filing to renew a judgment that was extinguished in bankruptcy. You can see damages from him for filing a frivolous claim, violating the bankruptcy court order and attorney's fees and costs incurred to fight his frivolous and illegal claim.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your quick respond. Would you call me tomorrow and let me know if you can help. Attached is motion that I was about to file
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My email is:***@******.***
My name is Yasser
Thank you for your reply.
The debt in the above captioned case was discharged during bankruptcy in 2013 and the plaintiff never filed any objection in bankruptcy. As such, the plaintiff's actions are in contempt of the bankruptcy order and their motion should be dismissed.
I will send you an offer for phone service as you requested.