Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My father is becoming unable to care for himself and he ands

Customer Question

my father is becoming unable to care for himself and he ands wife have separated. She now lives in another city but she still has access to his bank acts and other business information. He has finally decided to allow me to handle his finances and business for him. There has been some money missing from their joint accounts and his income tax is missing. He has agreed to give me the power of attorney over his interest but I am unsure about what to do first. My father is sick and I'm worried that the Trust that his wife got him to sign will leave his children no parts of his estate. What should I do first?
Expert:  legalgems replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry to hear of your father's declining health; does he have adequate mental capacity to change the trust?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.