Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Do I have to release my HIPPAA personal information to get

Customer Question

Do I have to release my HIPPAA personal information to get my license back after it has been revoked.
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What type of license are you referring to? Driver's license or something else?

.

If it is your DL, why was it revoked?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My license was revoked because I got a DUI in 1985, 2008 and 2011.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just paid $60.00 for an answer, are you still there.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How long does it take you to respond?

Sorry for the delay, had to step away from my computer for a bit... Just a couple minutes while I look something up..

Ok, if you were revoked due to a third DUI, then you would have to comply with whatever requirements are in your state in order to get your driving privileges reinstated. You typically wouldn't have to submit any personal health information in order to get reinstated, you just have to prove that you have served any suspension time, and complied with any court ordered tasks, like attending alcohol education classes, paying any fines and court costs, and anything else that was mandated.

.

If you can tell me what state you are in, I can see what they typical requirements are in a situation where there are multiple offenses like this..

,

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Illinois

Ok, just a few more minutes..

This is what the State of Illinois says about reinstatement after revocation and what is necessary:

.

To have driving privileges reinstated, a driver convicted of DUI must:

• Have a clear driving record
  • Undergo an alcohol/drug evaluation. If an alcohol/drug problem is indicated, proof of treatment must be submitted
  • Complete an alcohol/drug remedial education program. Even if the evaluation does not recommend treatment; the driver is still required to complete a remedial education program.
  • Appear before a Secretary of State hearing officer. For a first offense, an informal hearing may be conducted by visiting a hearing officer at one of the regional Driver Services facilities. Multiple offenders must request in writing, pay a $50 nonrefundable filing fee and attend a formal hearing in Chicago, Springfield, Mt. Vernon or Joliet.
  • Demonstrate during the hearing that public safety will not be endangered if driving privileges are restored. The hearing officer considers the seriousness of the offense, the offender's overall driving record and the driver's remedial efforts.
  • File proof of financial responsibility prior to reinstatement, pay $500 reinstatement fee, pass the driver's license exam (written, vision and driving) and pay application fee.
  • Payment or revocation must be mailed to:
    Secretary of State
    Traffic Violations Section
    2701 S. Dirksen Pkwy.
    Springfield, Il 62723.
    If paying by credit card, please call(###) ###-####(debit cards not accepted).
  • An offender requesting a formal hearing for reinstatement of his/her driving privileges must pay a $50 nonrefundable filing fee when requestion the formal hearing.
  • A reinstatement becomes valid when it is entered on the driver's record in the Secretary of State's office.

.

So as you can see, the only potentially HIPAA related information that is necessary is proof of treatment. But that wouldn't have to go into any great detail, just state that you had successfully completed any treatment program.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** retrieve your answer at another date for reference? Thank you, ***** ***** heard anything like that myself. I would assume they are talking about a treatment program that my have been attended. Other than AA, there has be no other, so the information they are requesting, shouldn't apply. Thanks again. How much longer will I be able to ask you a question

Sure, the entire thread will be available to you indefinitely under your account with JustAnswer. But when I want to save something for future use, I just copy and paste it into a Word document and then save it to my computer...

.

Even after you rate my service, if you post a follow up, I will see it and respond..

.

.

thanks