Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I served a request for admission to the lawyer representing

Customer Question

I served a request for admission to the lawyer representing some people I have sued for breach of contract. questions such as " admit the signatures on the contract dated 2/24/2015 belong to the defendants " he responded to every ( 17 ) questions as " confusing, vague and ambiguous. Cannot admit or deny, therefore deny." I included the required documents to prove that the questions should be admitted to and the proof is substantial. I'm curious as to what his game is because as I understand it, if I can prove he should have admitted to them, he could be in deep shit. By the way, his first response was to file a motion to strike my request for admissions.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You are correct in that those responses are inappropriate to that type of direct question, so I would file a motion to deem requests for admissions admitted and to strike their responses as being inappropriate. That is not a good faith answer. So you should file a Motion to Strike Answers to Requests for Admissions and you need to go to the court and argue that the replies were intentionally in bad faith and as such they should be deemed admitted.