Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Today is just another depressing day for me. My mother, 88

Customer Question

Today is just another depressing day for me. My mother, 88 years of age mother of fourteen children a widow and non drive, spent 6 hours with no success trying to get a picture id at DPS in Pflugerville. No success, went to Wells Fargo to get a picture id, no success, went to the Vidal Statistics office in Austin, no success after paying 22.00 dollars for a birth certificate. They said to go to Houston to get her school records. They bureau of vidal Stats. Also said she needs a copy of her application of her wedding application. Called Laredo Webb County office. They said you need to go to Austin because they send all records to Austin. Were there 2 hours. I have finally decidedthat this has got to stop. Why can't my mother who I love be treated this way. I am so frustrated. She had a expired drivers liscense, social security card, a valid voters card. Also two paper documents 1 a check from a bank. With two daughters who have a valid drivers license and military id. Not be able to issue a driverse license. I now am insenced with how Texas treats their seniors. My mother was not born in a hospital. She was delivered at home by a family member. The year my dad died they would have been married 65 years. All but one of her children were born at Mercy Hospital In Laredo, Texas. I was the one who was born in Roma, Starr County, Texas. Please consider this as the world against a 4 foot 98 pound mother of 14 and Widow of a Texas Veteran. Buried at Ft. Sam Houston Cemetary. I am so sorry she had never cried this much in her entire life.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

That's what happens when a state is focusing on voter suppression rather than on making things easier for their constituents.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am trying to contact a senior advocate to helpget a validphoto id for my mother if you arenot able to do this please do not be another person today that is giving us more stress.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How can she get a passport without photo id,she has her bills, her social security card, her voter registration, her marriage license, her childrens birth certificates, her old expired driverse license. No application for original marriage license. No birth certificate that was stolen along with other of her belongings. Insult to injury.

This website is one where people come and ask questions of expert in various fields including law. I'm not sure what website you thought you were contacting but I will opt out since it is obvious that you're looking for something else.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just tell me can you help or not. Please cancel. You are not the people I thought you were.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.