How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 17 and I live in Texas. Can I leave home without being

Customer Question

I'm 17 and I live in Texas. Can I leave home without being made to go back
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No why
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No why
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 9 months ago.

Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law and appeals. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you. It is NO EXTRA CHARGE to you but it’s important to me! Thanks!

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. This is for educational purposes only and you are advised to seek your own legal counsel.

I'm going to need some additional information -- are you looking to become emancipated and do you know what that means?

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 months ago.

Hello, new expert here as the previous lawyer opted out. However, I see that you did not answer his request for additional information and that is something I would need to know to help you. Are you asking if you can become emancipated from your parents ( treated like a legal adult even though you are not of adult age)?