LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

Someone (presumably an ex lover) is setting up fake facebook

Customer Question

Someone (presumably an ex lover) is setting up fake facebook accounts under various names and using photos of me undressed as their profile photos. The first couple times it happened I reported it to facebook and they removed the sites but the last 2 times they didn't shut them down and the sites are adding mine and my current girlfriends family under these fake accounts. I don't know what I can do to stop this from happening or track down whos behind it and take legal action
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. At this point, you nee to go to the police and file a report and have this investigated. If they are harassing you and opening accounts and posting naked photos and sharing them with family and friends, it could rise to the level of criminal. Once you file the report, they could try and get the IP address of the user and see who it is registered to and trace it back to that person, to catch them and prosecute. You shared that you do not know for sure who is doing this, so you simply could not go and get a restraining order against them, so going this route may stop the conduct.