Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

We got a letter from capital Pacific group. They claim to

Customer Question

We got a letter from capital Pacific group. They claim to have found stocks that were my now deceased dad. He did have stocks in various places. I know he mentioned Madison square garden that my grandfather bought when it was built. Are you familiar with this company? They have a lot of negatives going for them
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet. Can't afford one. I'm disabled and don't have good income
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Calif.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My dad has been gone 4 years. His wife is a notch and will try to block any gains coming my way
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I was hoping to hear from you to get more information from you.

If you are talking about the Capital Pacific Group located at 100 Iron Point Cir Ste 100, Folsom, CA###-##-#### they are a very legitimate company.

The Better Business Bureau is aware of them since they first incorporated in California in 2009. Not only that they have accredited the company, which means that this company is committed to resolving complaints to its customers' satisfaction. Over the last 3 years, the BBB has only had two complaints about them. As a result of how long they have been operating (since 1992, well before they decided to formally incorporate) and how they handled the very few complaints they had, on their rating scale from A to F, the BBB rated Capital Pacific Group with an A+ rating. It doesn't get better than that, and it's an indication that you can deal in confidence with this company. You can see the BBB review and read the complaint history here.

Does that mean that you need a company like this when you could probably take the steps to find out yourself if your dad has any unclaimed stocks or funds and not have to pay any fee to do so? No. You don't. You can do this yourself and not have to pay any portion of what you get back to a middleman. But for those who don't want to/don't know how to do that sort of investigation and retrieval, a company such as Capital Pacific Group will do the work for you, for a fee.

So if you're worried about whether this is a fly by night outfit that will scam you and run off with your funds, the answer is that it is not. It is legitimate, and if they don't do what they promise, you'd be able to pursue all of your legal options. If you'd rather

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.