Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I have a neighbor harassing me, I put in a privacy fence 6ft

Customer Question

I have a neighbor harassing me, I put in a privacy fence 6ft x 352 square feet is my yard considered private since I put in a privacy fence as she has a camera pointing in my yard? I Live in Berks county Pennsylvania (and the laws are rediculous here).
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally she is entitled to have a camera on her property and it is not unlawful to have it pointed at your property, so legally you cannot stop her. Even if it is pointed at your patio and window, the law says you need to put up a curtain on your window if you want or put some foil one way window tint on the window which would block her being able to see. However, as long as it can be seen with the eye, even if she stood on a ladder to look, she can have a camera pointed there. It is a nuisance and harassment, but according to the laws it is not illegal I am afraid.