Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am disabled now, Always hard working but safety always on

Customer Question

I am disabled now, Always hard working but safety always on my mind too.
Veterans hospital found things wrong and I filed for compensation as directed,
Not anything resolved, believing that money is the issue or some body in the
service with me on the commity either dav or dod, my case never resolved.
now that I won my social security case I do not believe the benefit will be enough
other than homeless in the street. Danny Charles Sweet Sr.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
since 1985 I've been fighting for my benefits then pushed right into homelessness
this is homeless shelter for veterans here to better myself, my award letter arrives in one week
for social security benefits,ssd can they take part of that if its only $845.00 a month for child support,
spousal support or anything they did not mention, Dan

Thank you sir

Sorry...I want to make sure I want to know if the court can consider your SSD or VA benefits for child support purposes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you got it, nobody ever was ever honest with me, but I know when they are,

The answer is yes...the law is clear, a family court judge can consider income from all sources, including VA benefits and SS benefits when deciding support.

So they can consider this income in deciding how much (if anything) you will need to pay

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that they can not consider VA and SS benefits but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thier the ones that have part of disableing me I don't believe you, gay bashing when someone is not
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous contributor had to leave.
Did you have any actual other questions, because as far as the law on garnishment for child support/spousal support, the expert's reply was correct regarding what the law says?