Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My son was sectioned 35 today for heroin abuse and he was

Customer Question

My son was sectioned 35 today for heroin abuse and he was contemplating suicide.
The court sent him to a state run facility. I want him in MGH in Boston. He has insurance.
So is there any way I can have him transferred to MGH?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Yes, there is a way. However, you need to get a Social Worker at MGH to assist you with this. The Social Worker must be able to put together documents that would show the Court that MGH has substance abuse treatment program. Once you get these documents, you can petition the Court for his transfer to MGH. If the Court grants your petition, he would be transferred. Otherwise, he would not be.

Best wishes,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.