Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My neighbors are constantly calling us about our dogs

Customer Question

My neighbors are constantly calling us about our dogs barking, even when they are not. The neighbor is being rude and nasty about it.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: New york
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Local ordinance says my dog can bark up to 10 minutes straight without having any violations.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: They neighbor is trying to dictate what use we get out of our yard.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question about the situation you have described that I can answer for you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How can i be pre emptive to cover myself? Shes making false accusations and exaggerating situations. I know she is "building a case" to report to animal control. Is there anything i can do to get her to stop?

Thank you for your follow up.

How many dogs do you have and what breeds?

Where is the neighbor claiming the dogs are located when excessive barking takes place?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have 2 dogs, a rottweiler mix, and an australian shepherd mix. They are in our fenced in back yard only when were "not home". The dogs are inside when we are not home.

Thank you for your follow up.