Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am buying a business. What does this paragraph mean?

Customer Question

Excluded Assets. Notwithstanding any other provisions of this agreement, the seller shall retain and shall not transfer to Purchaser its rights to receive payments a arising out of or relating to the Applications, including without limitation any unbilled charges which represents revenue that has been recognized but not billed arising out of or relating to the Applications prior to the Closing Date, and the right to bill and receive payment for services rendered but unbilled as of the Closing Date arising out of or relating to the Applications.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Layman's terms: "Unless stated otherwise, seller shall not be giving to buyer the right to get paid for Applications that were established/finalized/etc (I am not sure what this business is so hard to say) prior to closing date. This includes charges that should have been paid on these Applications, or that were/become due to these Applications."

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.