DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

If just had a chap 7 .k. discharge 2 months ago, would that

Customer Question

If just had a chap 7 b.k. discharge 2 months ago, would that not eliminate the need for a credit repair to my credit?
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: This is in GA., but now living in TEX.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have a small business and a loan broker (Midas Financial) wants to do a credit repair even though I just had a B.K. discharge. They say it is necessary to qualify for a loan to be granted. That does not make any sense.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich

Your intuition is correct. The discharge essentially wipes out the need for credit repair. The only exception may be if there is a creditor reporting on a tradeline that has failed to acknowledge your bankruptcy discharge. In that case, it needs to be disputed to ensure your discharge is accurately reported. But other than that, wholesale credit repair seems pointless. Your discharge will "reset" your credit to a lowered score and you just need to increase it now over time. A secured credit card is a great way to establish an account and start getting positive tradelines on your report.

Does that answer everything for you?