Kim Courtney
Kim Courtney,
Experience:  Founder/Member at Food Business Association

I was in a car accident Feb 13 2015 I was passenger in a

Customer Question

I was in a car accident Feb 13 2015 I was passenger in a taxi proceeding thru green light then hit by a car that ran the red light I have a whiplash with pain in my neck no and pain I my right knee were the car hit I have osteoarthritis but this was my good knee I also suffer from back pain and stiffness and still require physio massage and chiropractor it has been over a year now and they want to settle they offered me 52500 is that a reasonable amount they said it was the final offer or should I go to litigation not sure what to do
Expert:  Kim Courtney replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am an attorney and am happy to assist.

Yes, that does sound like a good settlement amount. If you feel that your injuries are so serious that you will have permanent physical limitations, that is the only way that you can recover in court, so this settlement may be a great gift. Going to litigation is very hard to prove permanent serious physical injuries.

But, if you feel that your situation is well documented enough and you have doctors who back up that you will never get better, and that this impairs your life abilities, then you could go ahead and proceed and you may be able to get more.

You also have the option of asking for arbitration and seeing if you could negotiate a higher amount with them.

Let me know if you have questions about this.

Expert:  Kim Courtney replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I just noticed that this question is still open.

I hope my answer was helpful. Please be sure to rank my answer so that I get credit for my work with you. A positive ranking in the top three would be appreciated.

Thanks and take care,