RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Does my ex girlfriend have any claim to vehicles in my name?

Customer Question

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I look forward to helping you.

Absent an agreement between the two of you that gave her rights to a vehicle(s), no, she would not have any claim. It isn't like a marriage where when people split up there may be a claim against assets.

That said, if she ever did anything like loan you money for things like car payments or repairs, and you didn't pay her back, she can sue you for the money, and if successful, get a judgment and lien against the vehicle.

If you need clarification or additional information, please REPLY and I'll be happy to assist.Otherwise, kindly remember to leave me a positive rating by clicking on the stars, so that I am credited for my time and information today. Thank you!

Gentle reminder: If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Once satisfied with the answer, please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Thank you!