Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have been called a racist by someone who has never taken

Customer Question

I have been called a racist by someone who has never taken the time to know me. He considers himself to be black, something I couldn't have known since I never paid any attention to his skin color. Is there any way to clear my name? The problem is much bigger than this but the most traumatic part is being called racist and not knowing why.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I look forward to helping you this evening.

I do need a little more information first, please. When you say clear you name, did this happen in the workplace? Is your employer now involved?

Can you give me an idea of what might have been said or done and how often it occurred?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this comment came from a very unhappy neighbor that I have never had a conversation with. I have never been given his name.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The comment came in a very nasty letter by the woman he is living with. I never did anything wrong. The neighbor wrote several pages of complaints about things that never happened and included the non fact that I am a racist, reason unknown.