Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

My 28 year old son formed an LLC for his business 2 years

Customer Question

My 28 year old son formed an LLC for his business 2 years ago. He lives in Southern California, I lI've in Henderson Nevada. He uses my address for his company. He does business in many states. I am just wondering what the advantage of using my Nevada address does for him? And does it put me at any ris
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

The purpose of using your address is that he needs to show a Nevada address for service of process on the LLC. If he did not use your address then he would need to subscribe to a service for the registered address and agent.

There is no legal risk to you and your assets are not exposed to liability if you are the registered agent and address.