Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Fixing ticket

Customer Question

Fixing ticket
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fixing ticket, I forgot about it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
State law forbids anyone on this site from representing customers of this site. So, I do not understand what your specific question about this situation would be for us, can you explain all the facts and tell us if you have done anything so far.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One of my stop lights wasnt working I got pulled over by the police and gave me a fixing ticket that i forgot about it now its been a month from the date he gave me to get it fix
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, if you did not appear in court in the time given on the ticket with proof it was fixed you have a problem. You will have to go to court now and bring proof that you did fix the problem within the time specified in the ticket, but missed the date to appear with your proof and ask the court to dismiss on that ground or to at least issue the minimum fine for missing the court date but having the bro***** *****ght fixed in time as the ticket specified.
Other than that, you have to go to court and pay the equipment violation which by the way is no points on your license.