Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What is the requirement around a statement to be included on

Customer Question

What is the Virginia requirement around a statement to be included on Quality Assurance documents sent via email?
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This depends on the situation. Can you please give me a little more background as to what happened, who the parties are, etc?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The circumstances involve the sending of quality Assurance audit information involving patient PHI from a Home Health organization to an owner hospital. The email is being sent via a secure format but I have been told there needs to be a particular statement attached to the document being sent indicating that it is protected under client privilege. My intent is to verify this to be true and get some idea of what the statement needs to say. Thank you for your help with this.
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your reply. You state: " but I have been told there needs to be a particular statement attached to the document being sent indicating that it is protected under client privilege."

What do you mean by client privilege? Are you an attorney? Or did you mean "patient privilege?"