Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

A judgement in NYS, almost 7 yrs old from a C.C. company,

Customer Question

A judgement in NYS, almost 7 yrs old from a C.C. company, has already been sold and written off at least three times. I`ve moved to PA almost 2 years ago, and am a permanent resident in PA. Does the Westchester County Police, Civil Div have the LEGAL authority to contact my employer and execute the judgement, demanding wage garnishment ONLY be sent to the West. Co. Sheriffs Dept to satisfy the judgement, when its a NY judgement? I believe they must obtain a PA judgement and have local Civil Div execute in PA, before making legal demand of employer for wage garnishment. Please advise, and thanks so much!
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Yes, you are correct. They must follow the procedure set forth in this PA law to collect on the judgment. See also this case.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.