Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My name is gabe and I got in a car wreck about 4 months ago

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I got in a car wreck about 4 months ago and very stupidly did not have insurance. I was driving a small car and was t boned by a big pickup truck but it was my fault because I turned when unsafe. I am already working on clearing my record with the state with defensive driving and proving I have insurance on my dads old truck, however the driver of the truck that hit me's insurance company just informed me I owe 12 thousand in damages which is quite alarming because the damages on his pickup were quite minimal compared to my totaled car I know I need to pay him back but I am having a hard time believing it would cost this much and they are just trying to take advantage of me. I would greatly appreciate some help with this!
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Okay, what exactly do you want to know about this matter, i.e. what is your question? For example:

"Can they sue me?"

"How do I negotiate the money down?"

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!