Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need a contract to allow me to use someone else's SS

Customer Question

I need a contract to allow me to use someone else's SS number with their permission to get their background info
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: N.J. and every other state
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The reason for this request is to provide an online service
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Find an example of this below:

AUTHORIZATION FOR BACKGROUND CHECK

Please read and sign this form. Your written authorization is necessary for the background check.

I, (NAME), hereby authorize (NAME) to investigate my background, including but not limited to criminal, civil, credit. I understand that (NAME) may utilize an outside company to assist them in this regard. I specifically authorize such an investigation by NAME and any entities of the NAME's choice for this purpose. I also understand that I may withhold my permission and that in such a case, no investigation will be done, and my application will be stopped.

__________________________________ __________________

Signature of Date

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry, here is a more specific example:

AUTHORIZATION FOR BACKGROUND CHECK

I, (NAME), hereby authorize (NAME) to investigate my background, including but not limited to criminal, civil, credit, utilizing my name, date of birth, and Social Security Number. I understand that (NAME) may utilize an outside company to assist them in this regard. I specifically authorize such an investigation by NAME and any entities of the NAME's choice for this purpose. I also understand that I may withhold my permission and that in such a case, no investigation will be done, and my application will be stopped.

I understand that the scope of the report may include, but is not limited to the following areas: verification of social security number; credit reports, current and previous residences; employment history, education background, character references; drug testing, civil and criminal history records from any criminal justice agency in any or all federal, state, county jurisdictions; driving records, birth records, and any other public records.

Name:
Date of Birth:
Social Security Number:

Signature of Date

California, Minnesota and Oklahoma residents: I wish to receive a copy of the report: YES / NO.

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!