Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have a small nursery business in California. I entered

Customer Question

Hello, My name is***** and I have a small nursery business in California. I entered into a contract with a leasing company via a credit card processing company last year who wanted to charge me over $6,000 for a $250 credit card terminal over time. I tried to get out of the contract, but they said I could not. I stopped paying them, and now I have received a summons to appear in NY civil court. I have a friend who is an attorney, and she said I should find an attorney in NY city where the court is and have them file a motion to get the case dismissed for lack of jurisdiction and because the lease is a contract of adhesion so the provision saying that venue is in NY is void. and 2. 2. The contract says you cannot cancel. The attorney should also say that is void as part of a contract of adhesion. A contract of adhesion is a form contract which is unreasonably one sided presented on a take it or leave it basis (no negotiation) and very fine print.
Can you help me find an attorney that can help me do this?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

We aren't allowed to give a referral to a specific attorney. However, I can tell you a website to go to and how to search for lawyers there and which specialties you need to look for if that would be sufficient. Please let me know at your convenience.