Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

The City of Arvada passed the shingles that were put on my

Customer Question

The City of Arvada passed the shingles that were put on my home. The shingle warranty, I received, states that the shingles have a 60 mph wind speed rating. The City of Arvada's wind speed code calls for shingles that have at least a 105 mph wind speed rating. What options are there when dealing with the city building inspectors?
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify:

1) Have you received an ordinance violation?

2) Please explain how the city "passed" your shingles, but the ordinance office of the city has not? The city and the ordinance office is the same thing for such matters - the ordinance office represents the city for municipal ordinances. So what exactly is the situation?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Once the city building inspector signed off and passed the roof, he in essence is stating that it meets the cities building code and ordinance of the city. However the shingles that have been installed do not meet the cities code requirement for wind speed. I have a Warranty that states that the shingles have only a 60 mph wind rating and the City of Arvada code requires an 105 mph rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Have you received an ordinance violation?