Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My son is in jail. He had been a vicim of a violent crime in

Customer Question

My son is in jail. He had been a vicim of a violent crime in Dec and was shot times from the back. HE IS ALSO TYPE 1 DIABETIC AND HAS MULTIPLE INFECTIONS ON HIM RIGHT NOW WHICH REEQUIRE WOUND CARE.
THE NURSE PUT HIM ON ANTIBIOTICS AND AFTER 24 HOURS IT IS GETTING WORSE. THE NJRSE WON'T LISTEN. MARK CAN LOSE A LEG QUICKLY FROM INFECTIONS IF HE ISN'T CAREFUL. HE FEELS THIS IS ONE OF THOSE CIRCUMSTANCE. HE THINKS IT IS SCRAPNEL RUBBING ON BONE WICH IS CAUSING THE INFECTION. IT IS BLACK RIGHT NOW AND GETTING WORSE. THE NURSE WON'T DO ANYTHING BUT SAY GET A BAND AID
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he is not getting proper basic medical treatment while incarcerated, this is a violation of his 8th Amendment rights against cruel and unusual punishment. If the administrator will not send him to a hospital for proper care and treatment, you would need to get a local attorney to file an emergency motion to get an order to get him treated immediately. The local attorney can file such a motion in a matter of a few hours and get a court order to move him to the hospital for at least a proper medical evaluation, so if the administrator refuses to get him to proper care, your next step is to hire a local attorney to represent your son and get an emergency motion to get him treatment.