Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I helped buy a motorcycle good friend, the agreement was to

Customer Question

I helped buy a motorcycle for a good friend, the agreement was to repay monthly but pay was long on promise and short on the payment part.
She has not made one payment in 10 months, kind of stumped due in part when they shipped the motorcycle to her address from another state and gave her the title when they delivered the bike.
She went to the Division of Motor Vehicle to licence the bike and to issue a new title that has her name on it, she lived 150 miles from my location, do I have a civil case or am I out a motorcycle because of the title is in her name ? I reside in Colorado
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

A verbal contract can be enforceable, and the fact that the debtor made some payments would be evidence that there was some type of repayment agreement.

You can file suit to the collect the rest. If you obtain a judgment against your friend, you can place a judgment lien on any real estate he owns, garnish wages and bank accounts, etc.