Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was terminated in my job at a school district. As a Union

I was terminated in my job at a school district. As a Union member I requested a Union attorney for representation, my Union Rep. told me that the Union Attorney refused to represent me .My Rep. explained to him that I had valid arguments to the 5 write ups I had received in the matter of 4 weeks and fellow employees who would speak on my behalf ..He told the Rep.that it didn't matter what evidence etc. I had he would not take my case because it was a no win situation..even if it was heard in Mediation and I prevailed ..the School Board would vote not to reinstate me because the Admin. had already advised them not to,( because they had an agenda with the opening my dismissal created). It's been suggested to me that instead of going after the District for wrongful termination..I should be suing the Union to which I paid Union dues right up to my termination... Another employee in my department was terminated before me ( was also refused representation by Union Attorney.) .He was made the scapegoat and fired for an incident that an Administrator was responsible for (said Admin was put in charge of investigation). My observation of this was divulged to this Admin. by another. Thus my exit was put in gear with my Union's blessing as I was pushing to file a No Faith grievance against them (also at the time). I might have bit off more than I can chew.. but both entities are corrupt and wrong and I have no choice but to try and right the wrong.. I must go against these two Goliaths. Who first..how (what Court System).. and are there any Attorney's out there willing and able to represent honestly.. for justice in the workplace and against a Union? Their two pocketbooks are far greater than mine. Again what and how do I go about this?

I must go against these two Goliaths. Who first..how (what Court System).. The and are there any Attorney's out there willing and able to represent honestly.. for justice in the workplace and against a Union? Their two pocketbooks are far greater than mine. Again what and how do I go about this?

Response: Against the previous employer for wrongful termination. Unfortunately, you would need a local Attorney who handles labor and employment matters to assist you with the case. The lawsuit would be filed at the Superior Court in the County where you reside or where the employer is located. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

You should also at the same time file complaint with National Labor Relations Board against the Union. Click here for the complaint form.

This site does not handle legal representations.

Goodluck with your case,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.