Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I just got a e-mail from us legal services saying that there

Customer Question

I just got a e-mail from us legal services saying that there is a law suit against me...do you think it's a scam or...not to contact ***** ***** ..senior lawyer
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Complete scam.... Attorneys don't notify people via email to give them a "heads up" that they are suing them so they can avoid service of process... They just sue them and have them served with a summons.

.

So if they are telling you that you are being sued and you can pay $XXX to get out of it, and you have to pay immediately by some untraceable source like Western Union, MoneyGram, Money Pak, etc, then you will know it is a complete scam as those are huge red flags..

.

.

thanks