Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

We had a judgment to pay a financial institution 350 per

Customer Question

We had a judgment to pay a financial institution 350 per month. We payed it through an attorney for the lender.
In May of 2013, the case was dismissed as a part of a master dismissal list.
We were not advised and had been sending in our payments up until the last few months.
We even received a past due from the attorney whom we were sending the payments. He has since stopped in the last couple of months.
What i our recourse.
We have sent in over 8k in payments.
Expert:  Kim Courtney replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I am happy to assist you today.

So I am not clear what happened here. Do you have a valid judgment? How was there a judgment ordered but then the case was dismissed? Are you positive that this judgment is no longer valid from May of 2013?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
In the Pinellas county ,Florida Circuit civil division.
Master order dismissal calendar No.4/09/2013-section 21
This Cause came upon the court's own motion,pursuant to rule of civil procedure 1.420 (e) that teh cause would be dismissed on april 09,2013. The court finds that a notice of lack of prosecution was provided, there was no record activity during th e10 months immediately preceding service of the foregoing notice,there was no record activity during the 60 days immediately following service of the foregoing notice, no stay has been issued or approved by the court, and no party has shown good cause why the action should remain pending. ACCORDINGLY
IT IS ORDERED that the cases of the attached listing are dismissed for the lack of prosecution. Done and ordered in chambers in Clearwater/St. Petersburg. Pinellas County Florida this 3rd day of may 2013
Hon John A. Schaefer.
Case Number
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Grow financial Federal Credit Union vs. Kimberly J. Clyde

Ok so I am still confused. How did you get an order against you prior to that if they say that it was not prosecuted. It sounds like that might be a different case? Help me understand more clearly.